The BK-UN Internship provides an opportunity for qualified and dedicated students to work alongside BK leaders on a variety of international projects. The BK-UN internship is unpaid, and can be for varying lengths of time. The internship can be offered as an opportunity for “community service” as required by many schools. The internship can be listed under an individual’s “work experience” and is good preparation for advanced academic work or a career. Unpaid, direct service and giving freely of one’s time and talent in exchange for the opportunity to see “behind the scenes” and gain valuable experience under the guidance of a mature professional, are essential ingredients of the BK-UN internship program.
The typical eligible candidate:
- Is a BK between 18-24 years old or has a parent who is a BK
- Is nearing completion of high school or is enrolled in a baccalaureate-level academic or training program
- Has limited work and/or life experience
- If working, holds an entry-level position or if studying, is working towards a first degree or certificate
- Has wide interests, but no particular area of focus
- Will receive regular, ongoing supervision for most tasks
- Will prepare short reports under the direction of the intern’s supervisor, and perform other tasks as assigned
The BK-UN Internship is unpaid and can be offered for varying lengths of time.